Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vegan/Vegetarian in the news!!!

Good day everyone! Hope all is well out there in veg land! I wanted to do a special post as something has come to my attention lately. The amount of press that surrounds vegan/vegetarianism these days. Now far be it from me to deny that maybe this subject has been gaining ground for quite some time, and I am (newly vegan) just starting to notice. But it seems like everywhere I turn, an article, magazine or even a feature on talk shows (Hello...Oprah!) is sprouting up! I have included a picture of some of the things I have discovered! One of the newspaper articles featuring a vegetarian recipe came in my mail as an extra from our local paper. The other article was just recently displayed in the USA Today about the going meatless and vegan. The Eating Well and Cooking Light magazine both feature vegetarian and and vegan recipes in almost every issue. The best one of all? The VegNews magazine! I had no idea this existed until browsing the magazine section at my local Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago. It is a whole magazine dedicated to vegan ism, how awesome is that? They have recipes, travel, and famous vegans (This month had Portia de Rossi on the cover with an interview about her and her vegan wife Ellen). There is also a website by the same name!

All this press really makes a person think that there just might be something to this lifestyle. There has to be benefits for it to be getting so much headway. The more you dig, the more you find on the subject and the more people you discover that live that lifestyle. I showed a link on my Facebook page a while back about an interview with the infamous Steve-O from the Jackass clan. He was a former chain smoking drug and alcohol abuser who is now a healthy vegan! That was an inspirational story to read that someone can go from one extreme to the other and really come out on top. He now has a PETA add as well!

I think all of these things are just little daily reminders...affirmations that I am headed down the right path. Until next time friends ( and I promise to include a delicious recipe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment